1. Information Collection by LeasePilot
A. Information We Directly Collect From You:
We collect the following types of personal information (collectively, “Personal Information”) that you may voluntarily provide through the Site.
- Personal Identifiers. A “Personal Identifier” is information that can be used to identify and/or contact a natural person and includes, for example, name, postal address, telephone number, social security number, or email address.
- Other Personal Information. “Other Personal Information” is information about you that maybe combined with Personal Identifiers, including for example, payment information, demographic information (for example, gender or age), transaction history or communications sent to us through the Site.
B. How We Directly Collect Personal Information:
There are a number of different ways that we collect Personal Information from you. These may include:
- Communications From You. When you email or write to us, you may provide us with your name, contact details, and other Personal Information as part of your message.
- LeasePilot’s Provision of Services. You may provide us with Personal Information in connection with our provision to you of LeasePilot services that you have purchased pursuant to a separate agreement with us (“Services”).
- Customer Support. You may provide us with Personal Information when you telephone or email us to request technical assistance with our products or information that you would like to receive about our products.
C. Information That We Automatically Collect From Your Computer:
We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from you using “cookies” or “web beacons”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit, as well as by the companies that place advertising on websites, so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies and the time and date of a page viewed.
Information collected by cookies and web beacons may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Site;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the websites you visit before or after visiting the Site;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
We may use data gathered automatically from your computer to help us recognize you as a previous visitor to the Site, or to analyze trends and statistics to improve your experience of the Site. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. You can also purchase and download software that will allow you to visit the Site without providing the information gathered by cookies. You are welcome to use the Site if you use such software, but your experience while visiting the Site may not be optimal.
2. Use of Information Collected By Us
We use the information described above to provide the Services to you and to (i) provide services and communicate with you; (ii) statistical analysis and other LeasePilot business purposes (provided that any such use will be on an aggregated and de-identified basis unless otherwise expressly agreed to by you), including but not limited to in connection with any current or future LeasePilot services or products, provided; (iii) monitor Customer’s use of the LeasePilot Service for security purposes.
3. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
5. Corrections/Information Removal/Contact Information
6. Business Transfer
In the event that LeasePilot is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any customer information owned or under the control of LeasePilot may be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right, as part of such transaction, to transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected from users of the Site.